If you are a shrimp lover you need to indulge in fresh shrimp while you are on your Hatteras Island vacation. Here is a recipe for a pasta salad with shrimp you might like to try for fun.
This is what you will need:
• 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium-sized shrimp
• 8 ounces dried rotini pasta (you may use other past shapes that you like)
• 1 6-ounce package of frozen snow peas
• 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 4 green onions, sliced
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Cooking spray
First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and right before the pasta is done add the frozen snow peas to the pasta water. Drain and return pasta and peas to the pot. Add bell pepper and green onions and toss well. Cover and set aside.
For the vinaigrette combine vinegar, oil, soy sauce and red pepper in and an airtight container, cover, then shake well.
Once you have your pasta and your dressing ready it’s time to cook the shrimp. Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink.
Combine the pasta mixture and shrimp then add the vinaigrette and toss well until well coated. This recipe yields 8 servings. Enjoy!