The holidays are upon us and there’s plenty of cheer to go around, so grab your friends and family and head out to a few festive events on Hatteras Island!
Saturday, December 8
CAPE HATTERAS LIGHTHOUSE WINTER CLIMB, 10am to 3pm in Buxton.
• Free admission. Climbers must be at least 42 inches tall and must be able to climb on their own. There are 257 steps to the top, which is the equivalent of a 12-story building.
ART SHOW, Hatteras Village Civic Center.
• Tackle that shopping list by supporting local artists.
GRAVEYARD OF THE ATLANTIC MUSEUM HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE, 12 to 5pm in Hatteras.
• Enjoy an afternoon of exhibits, live music, activities for children, and refreshments.
HATTERAS VILLAGE CHRISTMAS PARADE
• Parade starts at 2pm at Teach’s Lair Marina and will continue up Hwy 12 to the Hatterasman Drive-in. After the parade, join everyone at the Hatteras firehouse for cookies, hot cocoa, and an announcement of the winning floats!
CAPE HATTERAS SECONDARY SCHOOL 6TH GRADE CHRISTMAS PARTY, Hatteras Community Building.
• Enjoy great food and live music all for a good cause! Join the 6th grade class following the parade in support of their efforts for a awesome end-of-the-school-year trip…
For more holiday events on the Outer Banks, check out our calendar…