October is the perfect month to enjoy a plethora of events and activities on the OBX! Check out our list and be sure to mark your calendars! It’s going to be a busy month!
20th Annual Outer Banks Parade of Homes
• Featuring 21 coastal homes from Corolla to the Nags Head/Manteo causeway. Tickets are $10 for the 4-day tour. Visit their website for details.
1st Annual Bluegrass Festival, One Festival Park Manteo.
• Check out the website for a full schedule of events.
9th Annual Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation Fun Run, Avon, 10am.
• Walk or run the 5k adorned in pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Click here to register.
Indian Town Arts & Crafts Show, Frisco, 10am-5pm.
Island Farm Pumpkin Patch, Manteo.
• Open every Saturday in October from 10am-4pm…Ox-drawn hayrides are available as well, from 10:30-12:30 or 1:30-3:30.
6th Annual Duck Jazz Festival, Duck Town Green, 11am.
• Visit www.townofduck.com for details.
4th Annual Bike the Light
• Meet at Cape Hatteras Secondary School in Buxton for a full-filled, scenic ride to and from the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse! Help the Kiwanis Club raise money for children’s charities and programs on Hatteras Island.
October 13th & 27th
Red Wolf Howlings, Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, 6pm.
• Check out their website for details.
Outer Banks Seafood Festival, Windmill Point site, Nags Head, 11am-6pm.
• Fun for the entire family! 20 local restaurants will be serving their signature dishes featuring locally caught fish and seafood. Enjoy a day of live music, local artisans, educational exhibits, cooking demos, and a chance to indulge in tasty OBX cuisine! Check this event out on the web…
Capital City Four Wheelers 27th Annual Surf Fishing Tournament
• Visit their website for tournament registration and details.
October 24th & 25th
Trick or Treat Under the Sea, Roanoke Island Aquarium, Manteo, 6-8:30pm.
• Tickets are $8/person or $6 for members. Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended. Tickets go on sale on October 1. Call 252-473-3494 to purchase tickets.
1st Annual OBX Horror Film Festival & Zombie Beach Walk
• Visit their Facebook page for details on how to participate!October 27th
NC Annual Big Sweep, 9am-noon.
• Interested in keeping our watersheds litter-free? Click here to find out how you can help!
October 27th and 28th
Blackbeard’s Pirate Jamboree
• Free, 2-day pirate fest on Hatteras and Ocracoke Islands! Visit www.piratejamboree.com for a schedule of events.